I’m afraid that I’ve lost my ability to trust in people.
I decided to start two TV series this summer break. I picked Revenge and Scandal. So far I love how exciting both shows are. However, there are a lot of problematic things on the show Revenge.
1. You would think with all their money and net worth, the residents of the Hamptons would hire security guards (or at least install security cameras). BUT NO. Instead, they allow themselves to be blackmailed/attacked OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
2. You would also think that for someone who wants to keep her identity a secret, she would be careful not to leave clues everywhere. Case in point: Her fingerprints are everywhere. (WHERE ARE THE POLICE/DETECTIVES IN THIS SHOW?! If Olivia Pope of Scandal cross this series all their secrets would be revealed IN A DAY).
3. You would also think that if there was one small box that contains proof of your father’s innocence and your own identity you would keep it in a safe place and not underneath a squeaky floorboard where a deranged conman can easily steal.
4. I’m surprised that for someone who is so keen on avenging her father, the lead character (and everyone else on the show) is afraid to get blood on her hands.
5. HOW DO THEY THINK THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH THE THINGS THEY DO ON THIS SHOW?
I am seven episodes away from season 1 so I hope the inconsistencies will be ironed out in the next episodes/seasons.
P.S. Yes, I take the shows I watch very seriously.
pros to buying a pizza: pizza
cons to buying a pizza: buying